How to Download and Activate Old Version

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
xtraspecialj

How to Download and Activate Old Version

Post by xtraspecialj »

So I recently got a new work laptop, meaning I need to reinstall a bunch of my old programs. I have a license for PowerShell Studio that was good from 2016 to 2017. When I login to Sapien I can find my license with the expired maintenance, but I can not find anywhere to download the old version of the software. The only place that looks like I could get it from is called "Legacy Products" but it says there I have no legacy products.

Luckily, I have an old download of PowerShell 2017 that I had downloaded and installed before my maintenance expired. However, after I've installed it when I go to Activate it with my activation key, I get an error that says "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". So, I thought maybe I could just do an offline activation, but when I click on "Request Offline Activation" in my Sapien account it says that I have no active activation keys... How am i supposed to register this product?

It says in your FAQ that activation keys are good for lifetime as long as it's for a valid build. I'm hoping this is just a weird error that can be fixed or maybe you can direct me where I can download a different valid build for my license. To be specific, my license expired August of 2017. So where can I download the latest build right before August 2017?

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2017 5.4.142
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Re: How to Download and Activate Old Version

Post by brittneyr »

You should be able to download the latest build from your Registered Products Page:
RegisteredProducts_Download.png
RegisteredProducts_Download.png (123.53 KiB) Viewed 2292 times

Be try the latest build from there and let me know if you are still getting the same activation error.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
xtraspecialj

Post by xtraspecialj »

Ok, yeah, my Ad blocker was causing some issues with the page and I couldn't access the Downloads section you showed me in your screenshot. After turning the Ad blocker off for your website that now shows up. Thank you for that.

However, I am still getting the same TLS\SSL error when trying to Activate it. I have insured that TLS and SSL are enabled in my internet settings but I still get that error.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 31 times

Post by brittneyr »

You get this message when PowerShell Studio is unable to access the Internet. This can be caused by the computer being offline or the software being blocked.
Please check your firewall and/or proxy settings.

It is also possible that your computer does not trust the root certificate of the issuer of our web site certificate which is requires for HTTPS connections. Please check your trusted certificates and verify that our certificate is on the trusted list:
https://www.sapien.com/
Brittney
xtraspecialj

Post by xtraspecialj »

What's weird though is that if I download the 2020 PowerShell Studio trial and attempt to activate it, it connects fine and just comes back with the message that the key is not valid for this version of PowerShell Studio. So the 2020 software can connect to your site, but the 2017 version can't. How can I add the Sapien.com website certificate to my trusted cert store? I tried to add sapien.com to my trusted sites list, but my company has that blocked by a GPO (ridiculous policy in my opinion). Also, why can't I just do offline activation? Wouldn't that solve my problem? Is there a way to do that because when I try to request offline activation under My Account it says I have no products eligible for Offline Activation...

Thanks for all your help by the way.
xtraspecialj

Post by xtraspecialj »

Ahh, nevermind! I was able to download the cert from my chrome browser, then I manually installed it in the Trusted Root Cert Authority store, then I went and activated it successfully.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can I asked who your company is? It seems odd that they would block our site via GPO.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 4 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.