Help files missing!

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
naw-einkauf

Help files missing!

Post by naw-einkauf »

Hello -

I recently reactivated my license after not having worked with PowerShell HelpWriter for some time.

Now all help files are missing, just gone. The folder is emtpy. I did not delete them. I'm pretty shocked.

Any ideas?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Help files missing!

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I can imagine how you feel, but we don't delete files on your machine, directly or remotely. I am making an assumption here that you suspect deactivating the software did that, but no, there is nothing in our products that deletes user files on deactivation, expiration or any other scenario. I would hope you have a proper backup and use some type of version control for your files.
Which folder are you talking about? Maybe you are just looking in the wrong place?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
naw-einkauf

Post by naw-einkauf »

Hi Alexander,

sometimes, Mondays are Wednesdays, so when I posted last Wednesday I wasn't really awake. The files are indeed still there, but since I was working on a different VM that day I couldn't find them. Too many VMs running simultaneously, I guess...

Sorry.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It happens, glad you found your files. Still should look into version control and backup though :D
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.