Display and do not convert strings

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Display and do not convert strings

Post by Lembasts »

Thanks - I really liked Cascadia Code. Maybe there is a way to turn off ligatures as an option? Ill leave that in your capable hands.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I have been looking around for the past few hours. There is absolutely zero documentation on how to influence ligature substitution (that I could find). We will keep looking.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

There are some font editors which allow you to remove the ligature table and save the font without it. For obvious reasons we don't want to get into modifying other people's fonts, but if you want to create a modified copy for yourself, that could be an option.
Alexander Riedel
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Just fyi - This link suggests that IDEs can be programmed to disable ligatures:
https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/ ... -ligatures
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

but it might not be that straightforward - it appears even microsoft dont want to go down that path:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio ... ure-o.html
Dont know about font editing - maybe they will release a ligature free version of cascadia code sometime...
Alexander Riedel

Visual Studio Code has an option for that too. It appears that in .NET there is a way to suppress some of that. But since it is not officially documented (yet), there might be side effects.
Have you considered asking the authors of the font? Generating a ligature table free version is quite simple from what I can see.
Alexander Riedel
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Good news! It seems there are many like me so they recently released a ligature free version.
https://github.com/microsoft/cascadia-code/releases
It really is a cool font!
This topic is 4 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.