Connect to Remote PC's

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Connect to Remote PC's

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Product, version and build:
64 bit PrimalStudio 2019
Operating system:
64 bit OS: win 10

Question about connecting to remote pc/server.

I working on transittioning from PowerShell ISE to PrimalScript (for the most part).

Question : Does PrimalScript have a way to connect to a remote PC/Server the way ISE does?
(ISE - you just click the "new remote powershell tab" enter creds and your connected)

I know you can run script on remote pc, well that is what I am seeing and reading. Putting into practice seems to be a little more challenging then I thought it would be. When trying getting error - socket connection failed.
mxtrinidad

Re: Connect to Remote PC's

Post by mxtrinidad »

Can you please include the exact version of PrimalScript you are using?
Also, it would be nice to have all the steps done that cause the "socket connection failed" message.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

2019-09-25_8-01-56.png
2019-09-25_8-01-56.png (23.41 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
Which one of these did you use?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

Post by Reddrgn2 »

PrimalScript 2019-v7.5.132

There isn't any error really - i looks like its using the RSEE but I haven't installed that compont on the server I am trying to connect to, error below from the output.

*** RSEE Sending script to dc01.mydomain.local.
Cannot send script to dc01.mydomain.local: Socket connection failed.

So does not seem like there is a type of connection like how PowerShell ISE has, just this RSEE type of connection and ability to run scripts.

Which one I choose, I clicked on "powershell" then set up the remote credentials, then click "single target" then select the server to run against/on. This is when I get the "error" of socket connection failed.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Sorry for the late reply.
I think there is a misunderstanding here.
PrimalScript has two ways of running scripts remotely. RSEE, which requires a service to be installed on the target machine. It is the redistributables folder.
And it can use PowerShell remoting, which is the third item.

So single target and multiple targets use RSEE. Powershell uses, well, Powershell.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.