General Question

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Reddrgn2
Answers: 1

General Question

Post by Reddrgn2 »

Hi, Probably not the best place to ask this question. I am wondering what people are doing for a catalog or library of powershell scripts and tools. I have created a few tools and a lot of scripts, covering AD, O365, SharePoint, etc. I have a main powershell ISE ps1 file script that I open normally, it has the most common scripts I use. Well the issue with that is I tend to do little notes about what it does and if its export or display. So 1 script is kind of two lines, 1 with description and 1 with actual script. So 30 scripts are really 60 lines in ISE. Then I started to wonder what other people are doing for type of thing. The screen shot below is kind of what I mean by catalog or library, from IDERA
Attachments
PS LIB.png
PS LIB.png (36.72 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
Reddrgn2

Re: General Question

Post by Reddrgn2 »

So googling around and browsing forms all over I can't seem to find the option for what I am looking for in PowerShell Studio.

Out of random thought I downloaded PrimalScript and found kind of what I was looking for. See screen shot.

People who use Studio can you let me know if there is an option like found in Primal in Studio.
Attachments
primal.png
primal.png (65.28 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

At the moment there is no File Browser Panel available in PowerShell Studio. You are welcome to make a feature request here:
https://www.sapien.com/requests
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

From what I see in the original picture you are more looking for what is generally referred to as snippets. Both PrimalScript and PowerShellStudio have a snippets browser that shows a number of pre-fabricated snippets and can be customized to show your own alongside.
Alexander Riedel
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

We have received your feature request.

Also, the snippet panel in PowerShell Studio can be found here:
SPS_SnippetsPanel.png
SPS_SnippetsPanel.png (160.68 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
Brittney
Reddrgn2

Post by Reddrgn2 »

I did see that and I was able to view the folders but because the ps1's are not in snippet format it does not allow me to see the already configured scripts. I could convert all the pre-made scripts but that is really not what I am looking to do or have done. With the file browser option (excatly what I was looking for) I can keep the pre-made scripts for AD ( like getting all the basic user info by looking up users display name or setting proxy address) in the same folder. Look at that folder, right click to open and view the script or right click and run it then enter the required parameters. Or I can then move to another folder and run scripts for Azure. Snippet are nice if you just want blank codes you just need to adjust for that script/form. Just little surprised that file browser is not already listed there. I know it was just brought back to Primal script.
This topic is 4 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.