Cannot Build Any EXE Projects PSS 2019

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
phebenstreit

Re: Cannot Build Any EXE Projects PSS 2019

Post by phebenstreit »

The issue is with running the "Build" process from "Packager". It is unable to create the exe. so i'm not even trying to perform an MSI Build. I don't really use that functionality.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

What is the full path for Output folder? Does it have any spaces or #? Is it on local machine or Network drive?
phebenstreit

Post by phebenstreit »

the output path is local. And I tried multiple different paths; all with the same net result. No special characters and no spaces in the current output path C:\Storage\PowerShellStudio\Projects\SPBRASS\bin\
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

And what kind of project?
Is it Form Project, Module Project or Empty Project?

You can't build .exe for Module Project
phebenstreit

Post by phebenstreit »

This is a form project. And was working perfectly fine with PSS 2014. I really only have 3 different "Projects". All do the same things now with PSS 2019.

I also tried creating a brand new Blank Form Project. Added just a single button. And i get this same error.
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Are you using any signing certificate?
phebenstreit

Post by phebenstreit »

No signing certificate
phebenstreit

Post by phebenstreit »

Tried a full uninstall, reboot, re-install. Same issue. There are some remnants of the application in the system somewhere though. Recent file list and 'options' remained unchanged after uninstall.

No idea if that would help any or not; but figured on the off chance that the pre-existing 2014 install could have caused unusual behavior that you wouldn't be familiar with. But no luck.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We are running in circles because we don't have enough information. We asked you to upload your project, maybe just the sample one, so we can actually see your settings. Otherwise we are blind.
I would also like to ask you to post a screenshot of the actual output window as you attempt to build an exe.
It most certainly does output more than the error message you originally posted and we do need to see the exact sequence.
We also need to know the *exact* Windows 10 build you are using, which you can easily obtain from WinVer.
Additionally, please indicate if this is a computer that part of a network and subject to group policy settings.
When the message box with the error comes up, do not click 'OK'. Go and look with Windows Explorer at the target folder and please tell us what files, if any, are there at that instance.
Then click "Ok" and see if any files are left.

Last but not least, at this point I would recommend to install PowerShell Studio on another computer, maybe one that is not part of your network.
That would give us an idea if this situation is associated with your computer, your environment, or something else we haven't figured out yet.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

A little research on that error code under Windows shows it to be a common occurrence if permissions are insufficient or if an anti-virus application is locking / removing / quarantining the file.
I am suspecting that you had an exception for the 2014 version created somewhere. It's been a few years, so that is easy to forget.
The steps outlined above will give us more insight into what actually happens.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.