Powershell Studio launch on a virtual machine?

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
buhlig

Powershell Studio launch on a virtual machine?

Post by buhlig »

I have been running PSS on my desktop for years without any real issues launching it until today. Its been a few weeks since I last needed to use the environment, but today when I launched it on my physical system its telling me i'm on a virtual system and need a key???

I want to make sure everything is okay with my account because I still have a few months until i need to renew and dont want to mess with my key count...

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

Ben
Attachments
2019-08-13 08_37_11-Welcome to PowerShell Studio 2019.png
2019-08-13 08_37_11-Welcome to PowerShell Studio 2019.png (41.98 KiB) Viewed 6782 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Powershell Studio launch on a virtual machine?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The VM detection is not entirely foolproof, so it might sometimes think a physical machine is a VM and vice versa. That is usually not a big deal.
Your account seems to be fine, we show two activations. (You can see those on your account page)
If this was a previously activated machine, then somehow your license data got removed or invalidated.
Generally this can happen when you install a larger Windows feature update which renames the computer or removes per application data.
Simply activate it again. If you or Windows changed your computer name, you may have to remove the activation for the old name on your account page.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
buhlig

Re: Powershell Studio launch on a virtual machine?

Post by buhlig »

Ahhh, may have a double whammy there. We moved so I decided to rename my system and i believe a recent update was fairly large for windows 10... so im guessing that the best thing to do is to deacvtivate the old name of my machine... not sure why i have 2 activations though... i will have to figure that out another time when i get this first issue fixed. :)

Thanks,
Ben
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.