MSI - Service - Load Group

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Nillth
Has voted: 2 times

MSI - Service - Load Group

Post by Nillth »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.165
Build: v10.0.17763.0

I am trying to configure a Service Installer to be part of a dependency group... e.g. Only start this service if these ones are running...

I think within the MSI Settings for installing a Service that the "Load Group" may be what I am looking for, but I cannot find any documentation in regards to this option.. please advise
SapienPowerShellStudio-MSIService.jpg
SapienPowerShellStudio-MSIService.jpg (82.64 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: MSI - Service - Load Group

Post by brittneyr »

'Load Group' is for setting the service group that the service will run under. A service group is a collection of services that are loaded together at startup. The MSI installer does not support dependencies for services.
Please make a feature request at the following link: https://www.sapien.com/requests
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Nillth
Has voted: 2 times

Post by Nillth »

Thanks Brittney,
Are you able to provide a link to any documentation for the options for the packager?

Cheers!!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you please specify if you need documentation on the packager or the MSI builder or on the service group thing in particular?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.