Find In Files Result Pane Idea

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 17 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Yes, it's me again :)I am doing some refactoring of some code and need to find the location of a variable in a particular folder. I have 21 results in the output pane. What would be nice is some way to keep track of the files that I have edited. Some sort of manual checkbox for each line or possibly color-coding for each line would be immensely helpful.It just came to me! Whoo!Add a right-click context menu to the output pane. You would be able to select different statuses which are tied to colors.Possible States:To DoFor ReviewUpdatedHideI know that the output pane is a point of contention, but I did want to get this suggestion posted. I'm not sure how it would fit into a possibly redesigned output pane because I don't know what the next generation output pane will look like.This would be SOOO cool. It would actually be a notable new feature.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Ok, more thinking about this.Doing this on a file by file basis would be ok, but since the results pane devotes one line to each occurrence of the search term, it would be better to be able to change to status of each line, not necessarily each file.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That fits with plans that we already have for the find in files results.
Thanks for the input!
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

Alex: That is awesome! Thanks!
djlurch

Post by djlurch »

<bump>As I try to manage 35 results trying to refactor an entire web application it would be so much easier if this feature was part of PS.
This topic is 17 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.