Unable to load psf (File Format: v3.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell S

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pls-sapien

Unable to load psf (File Format: v3.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell S

Post by pls-sapien »

hello,
im using PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.139 on windows 10 1809 and getting this error on each project i try to open:

Code: Select all

psf: Unable to load psf (File Format: v3.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2017.
psf: Unable to determine object class.
i have yet updated the version on my test machine and there i can work. is there a way to convert the projects?
i have found this article from 2016 https://www.sapien.com/blog/2016/11/23/ ... g-changes/ but i dont see any .bak files
any help would be great
thanks,
Sean
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Unable to load psf (File Format: v3.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell S

Post by davidc »

Looks like the file you are trying to edit was modified or created with PowerShell Studio 2018 - 2019. The newer file format is not supported by 2017.

If there is no bak file, it probably means it was created with the newer version.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pls-sapien

Re: Unable to load psf (File Format: v3.1), because it was created with a different version of SAPIEN PowerShell S

Post by pls-sapien »

you are absolutely right! my bad didnt notice i was on 2017 (!)... had to reinstall my pc :)

thanks everything is fine!
best,
Sean
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.