VersionRecall Error: Repository is not accessible

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PaschalIT

VersionRecall Error: Repository is not accessible

Post by PaschalIT »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: VersionRecall v1.6.148
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

When attempting to use VersionRecall from within Powershell Studio, files are not pushed to/pulled from VersionRecall as expected when using the Submit File or Restore File buttons. In addition, the VersionRecall Explorer button also fails to open the VersionRecall program.

Examples:
When clicking "VersionRecall Explorer" from within Powershell Studio

When clicking "Submit File" or "Restore File" from within Powershell Studio (this is displayed in the Powershell Studio console)

These errors are likely due to me setting things up incorrectly, but I can't find any options which appear to be incorrectly set. Help is appreciated.

**Sorry for the duplicate post, I realized I posted in the registered users forum for VersionRecall while I am still on a trial. Replicating post here**
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: VersionRecall Error: Repository is not accessible

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It doesn't matter where. How have you set up VersionRecall? It seems to be somehow lost when called from SPS.
I am suspecting you installed VRK and just started using it from SPS without setting up a repository.

Please walk us through the steps you took.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PaschalIT

Post by PaschalIT »

I followed the setup process VersionRecall walks you through upon first run. I selected the folders containing my project, and it seemed to work at first, but after some time (possibly after a reboot, I can't recall whether I rebooted before or after this) the above errors began to occur.
PaschalIT

Post by PaschalIT »

I should add that VersionRecall works perfectly on its own. I am able to submit files to it, view, and recall as expected from within the standalone program. It is only the integration with Powershell Studio which is not operating correctly.
PaschalIT

Post by PaschalIT »

I wouldn't mind doing a clean install and running back through the setup process, but uninstalling and reinstalling didn't seem to reset settings. It still had my repository loaded when I opened the VersionRecall after reinstall.
Alexander Riedel

Ah, thanks for that info. I will talk to the PowerShell Studio team. Can you send the .recall file to support@sapien.com?
That will make it easier to decipher what is going on.
Alexander Riedel
PaschalIT

Post by PaschalIT »

I sent the .recall file through email yesterday as requested. Is there any update on this issue?
Alexander Riedel

Nothing out of the ordinary on that configuration. I assume H: is a mapped driver letter.
Is that available to all users? Are you running PowerShell Studio elevated by any chance?
Alexander Riedel
PaschalIT

Post by PaschalIT »

The H: drive is my personal drive, so no, it is not globally accessible. Yes, Powershell Studio is running elevated, but I also have the Windows registry key enabled to allow mapped drive access while running as admin, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Alexander Riedel

Is there a UNC path with which you can access this drive?
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.