Opening psf files in 159 sets them to modified

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PGomersall

Opening psf files in 159 sets them to modified

Post by PGomersall »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.159
Build: v10.0.17763.0
Now with 5.6.159 every time I open a psf file the file is set to changed in the editor. This is annoying as sometime I open files to just view the work. If I don't change anything, I don't want to be prompted to save.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Opening psf files in 159 sets them to modified

Post by davidc »

I'm unable to reproduce this on my end. It is possible that something in the designer is triggering the modification. If you can, please zip and upload the file in question here:

https://sapien.com/support/upload
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

David, sorry I have been out for a while so could not reply earlier. This (changing to modified if I just open the form) happens with all psf files I open.

Do you want me to pick one (psf) at random and upload?
Pete
davidc

Post by davidc »

Does it occur on an empty form? If not, pick any file that displays the behavior and upload it.

Some more questions for you:

1. Are you using multiple monitors?
2. What are your DPI /scaling settings for each monitor? (Display Settings->Scaling and Layout)
David
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Does it occur on an empty form - No

Some more questions for you:

1. Are you using multiple monitors? - Yes 2 x Dell 24"
2. What are your DPI /scaling settings for each monitor? (Display Settings->Scaling and Layout) - No scaling i.e. Default.

Just about to upload example.
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Uploaded Get-Logons.zip
davidc

Post by davidc »

It seems to be related to the TableLayout. When the form is displayed, the designer is reporting that the size of the controls have changed. We will see what we can do.
David
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Thanks, I will be interested with what you find. Most of my forms are built from a base template that contains a generalized TableLayout and other objects that I can then modify and add to.
PGomersall

Post by PGomersall »

Looks like this is fixed for my forms that include TableLayout in v5.6.160.
Thanks.
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.