Cant contact server

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
laned101
Answers: 1

Cant contact server

Post by laned101 »

Ive just installed 'PS Studio 2019' but its failing to launch correctly as its complaining about not being able to contact the activation server. Ive double checked no proxy settings, no firewall enabled and no odd host entries.

Running wireshark it looks like its trying to contact 31.214.119.58, then tries 52.26.108.183 but it fails constantly.

I tried uninstalling the intial installed version of 2019 (which was installed from an upgrade of 2018) but this of course behaves the same way. Any ideas on whats going on here?
J A Reif
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Cant contact server

Post by J A Reif »

Hello laned101,

Our server's IP address is [disregard, removed by moderator] , so I am not sure why the IPs you list would be contacted, however, please rest assured we are looking into this.
June Alane Reif
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

To better understand what is happening here, could you tell us what your geographical location is? In other words, which country are you in?
Alexander Riedel
laned101

Post by laned101 »

Im not seeing any requests to that IP address, im currently in the UK.
laned101

Post by laned101 »

This looks to be the address its attempting to address
Attachments
Windows10Pro_x64 2019-02-02 13-41-47.png
Windows10Pro_x64 2019-02-02 13-41-47.png (64.11 KiB) Viewed 11160 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I am a bit concerned here, because the IP location for 31.214.119.58 that you originally specified is located in Kuwait.
The others are Amazon mirrors it seems, which would be normal. I'll look into it some more today.
Alexander Riedel
laned101

Post by laned101 »

Yes that concerned me to, it was the reason I uninstalled the upgraded version and downloaded the latest version from the site directly (incase the update was compromised).
laned101

Post by laned101 »

Well can you let me know the ip or url its meant to be contacting please so I can check if that works or at least confirm its at least making an attempt to the correct place? Im starting to get frustrated with this software
J A Reif
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by J A Reif »

Sorry for the delay in answering. The software is contacting https://www.sapien.com. I see from our logs that your software has been activated. Have you encountered any more issues with activation?
June Alane Reif
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.