Offline License, Proxy, Upgrades..

Use this forum to ask about non-product related topics (login issues, product registrations, web site questions, etc.) No technical support questions, please.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
gvonpickartz

Offline License, Proxy, Upgrades..

Post by gvonpickartz »

Hi,

I have used offline activation because I am behind a corporate proxy (exceptions not allowed). I download/install the latest update thru the updater fine. After launching the new version, it states it cant reach the activation servers. I have to options. retry or cancel. Please add the option "Offline License dialogue" where I at least can re-enter my offline key. Now I have to back out to older version.

Q. Why do I need to reactivate my license every time I upgrade?
Q. Why can't Sapien software verify the license prior to upgrade, safe-guard it, then upgrade using that information?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Offline License, Proxy, Upgrades..

Post by Alexander Riedel »

I will see what we can do to streamline this. Curious that you can let the updater through the proxy but not the activation traffic. All use HTTPS.

Offline keys are no longer a thing since July 2018. Please see here:
https://info.sapien.com/index.php/quickguides/offline-license-file-replaces-offline-license-key

You can just put the file into place and be done. Of course, if you renew, you would need to get a new license file.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.