Could not find a part of the path....

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
IanUoY

Could not find a part of the path....

Post by IanUoY »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 2018 5.5.155
32 or 64 bit version of product: Assume 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Have not used Powershell Studio for a while. Have accessed a project a wish to work on further. Previously I was working using a different version, got an indication of having to save to create a backup before converting to newer format.

However in my output window, I'm getting the message below repeated every minute or so:

Recovery Error: Could not find a part of the path '\\"path - this is correct"\Application Data\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2018\Recovery\14236'.

Could you advise how to resolve this please?

Many thanks

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Could not find a part of the path....

Post by Olga_B »

Could you provide more information about what version of product did you use before.
Also could you zip and load up your project, so we can attempt to recreate the issue to:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This is not linked to the project but to PowerShell Studio’s file recovery feature which saves the edited files in case the application is unexpectedly terminated. This error appears when PowerShell Studio fails to create the recovery folder.

Do you have any restrictions on the Application Data folder?

Note: You can disable the recovery feature in Options->Backup->Enable file recovery:
Option - Enable File Recovery.png
Option - Enable File Recovery.png (21.26 KiB) Viewed 4842 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
IanUoY

Post by IanUoY »

I removed Powershell Studio completely in the end, however, on trying to re-install I now get:

Warning 4154: Document explorer prerequisite was not correctly installed....continue? etc.

If I do continue moves to MSCHart, ScriptMerge, sure you get the picture.

Is there a separate prerequisites installer?

Regards

Ian
davidc

Post by davidc »

Please check if the prerequisites are already installed. Uninstalling PowerShell Studio will not remove the prerequisites from the machine because they have separate installer entries in Windows.
David
IanUoY

Post by IanUoY »

The ones I've mentioned do not appear to be installed. Is there a separate Sapien installer for this? Or should Powershell Studio install if not found?

Ian
davidc

Post by davidc »

They are included as part of the installer for PowerShell Studio. Please run the installer with the following command line parameters:

Code: Select all

Installer.exe /exenoui /qn /L*v .\SPS_Install.log
This will produce a log of the install process. Please zip and upload the resulting log file here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

It will hopefully give us a better idea what is the cause.
David
IanUoY

Post by IanUoY »

I've uploaded the log file, but assuming installed ok as now available.

The recovery issue occurred but have followed the screenshot above and seems to have stopped the issue.

Ian
davidc

Post by davidc »

I don't see anything wrong in the logs. I believe the message in the application is the result of a permissions issue.

I would try deleting the recovery folder:

\Application Data\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2018\Recovery\

Otherwise disabling the feature will just prevent the messages.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

BTW You can download the prerequisites from your Registered Products page:

https://www.sapien.com/account/products

The links are located on the right side:
Software Prerequites.png
Software Prerequites.png (38.19 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
David
This topic is 5 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.