Issues after 5.5.155 update

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cdouglas_nch

Issues after 5.5.155 update

Post by cdouglas_nch »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 5.5.155
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 1803
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

I was prompted to update to 5.5.155 today, and since the update I've noticed the following:

- When I have more than one PowerShell Studio session running, they are occasionally flickering in my system tray.

- I've lost the ability to save files that are open and have been modified. CTRL+S doesn't work, and my only option in the interface is to 'Save All'. 'Save' is grayed out.

- I have the Snippets window snapped to the right of the main window. I can no longer double click a snippet and have it inserted. I also can't right click the snippet and click Insert. I can right click in the script and insert a snippet that way though.

Anyone else experiencing these problems, or is it just me?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Issues after 5.5.155 update

Post by davidc »

We haven't got any reports and have not encountered any of these issues internally. What version did you have installed before updating?

To get a better idea as to what is happening, please provide a screenshot showing the whole application and the disabled save button.

As for the snippets panel, it will not insert the snippet if the document is read only. This can happen if a script running.

As for the flickering, the application doesn’t do anything with the system tray. There might be something else a play here. Have you tried rebooting recently?
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cdouglas_nch

Post by cdouglas_nch »

I'm not sure what version I was on previously, however I always install the updates as I'm notified of them within a couple of days, so I think it would be safe to say that I was previously running whichever was the last version to be pushed out.

I've attached a screenshot of the inability to use CTRL+S or simply click 'Save'. I also cannot double click Snippets and have them inserted at the point in time this screenshot was taken. I found that to produce this issue all I have to do is open a PS Studio process, then open a single PS1 file and edit a portion of it. If I open a project, or open multiple PS1 files, I can save normally and insert snippets without a problem.

I have rebooted, and also noticed that the 'Run' button to run the script is also disabled.
Attachments
PSS_NoSave.JPG
PSS_NoSave.JPG (62.7 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Apparently, an unexpected change in the UI behavior is causing this issue and it will be resolved in the next service release.

In the meantime, you can get around this issue by doing any of the following:

1. Enable the "Show start page on startup" option in Options->General.
2. Or disable the "Enable deferred file loading" option in Options->General.
3. Or open an additional file to enable the buttons again.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.