Studio 2018 v5.5.154 Debugging with multiple files is extremely slow

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
boomer007

Studio 2018 v5.5.154 Debugging with multiple files is extremely slow

Post by boomer007 »

Hello, i use the newest version (always) and since a couple of versions the debugging with multiple files became extremely slow.
I usually have a Form script that loads multiple modules and calls functions from multiple files. Usually i have more than 7 files open.
During debugging the execution of simple steps e.g. If, write-host and so on takes up to 20 seconds before its being executed.
The mouse over on variables take usually 10-20 seconds before the values are visible. The execution of a variable or code
fragment in the debug console as well. This makes it very painful to debug bigger solutions.

I use a brand new Surface Book 2 15 inch. Fast enough i guess.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Thanks in advance.
Christian
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Studio 2018 v5.5.154 Debugging with multiple files is extremely slow

Post by Olga_B »

Hello,
The issue has been sent to the proper place for evaluation.

If you can, please zip and load up the original psf file(s), so that we can attempt to recreate the issue:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Studio 2018 v5.5.154 Debugging with multiple files is extremely slow

Post by davidc »

We ran part of the psf through the debugger and it seems to be responsive. Since the debugger queries the variables and their properties during a breakpoint, I suspect that you have some objects that have slow to execute properties (especially if they access remote VM machines).

You can try the following to improve performance:

1. Run the debugger and close the Variables panel.
Closing the Variables panel, will prevent the debugger from querying all the variables and their properties at each breakpoint.
2. Use the Watch or Debug Console panels to monitor relevant objects.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.