Creat GUI Form Menus Need Help

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
NasaControl

Creat GUI Form Menus Need Help

Post by NasaControl »

I do understand there will be a little scripting, here let me give you a little what I am trying to do, and the links that were send to me, that seem to have no up to day step-by-step that follows the new PowerShell Studio 2018,

1: Form / Menu with Buttons
The Buttons have PowerShell Scripts behind each button, when pressing them.
what I am trying to do, and need is a progress bar, or a text box showing all
that is going on, what all that is happening, like in the split window with ISE

2: Checkbox w/Submit or “OK”
I am trying to create a Form that has my PowerShell Script that will restart servers.

I have a list if server in the form page, but want to be able to select servers, is more them one
Or if there I only needed 3 to restart or just one, I like to place a check in the checkbox and hit
“Ok” or Submit or some sort button after servers are selected, with a progress window / or bar.
3: Form with Tab’s:

I have look at the Tab Form, I can’t figure out how to add more Tabs to Tab From so I create one
Tab Form with Name on Tab’s so select from the Tab’s Form to be able to run what’s on that from page.
There again, I do understand there will some scripting to make all happen, and I have looked and was unable anything that would help me understand how all this can .. and will work.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Creat GUI Form Menus Need Help

Post by jvierra »

I recommend starting by reviewing the "Spotlight" articles to learn some of the basics of forms design.

There is also a link to the documentation for PSS on the Help ribbon. You should definitely read that and get comfortable with how to use the designer.
Giving you individual instruction is beyond the scope of this forum and it is not a good way to learn PSS or Forms.

Also review the YouTube videos as they contain a wealth of useful information on Forms building.

Good luck and post back with a specific question.
NasaControl

Post by NasaControl »

what are "Spotlight" articles ? where are they located
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

This is why the user manual will help you. It will answer the first 100 or so questions you have about PSS.

Right click on any control in the toolbox to see the lined spotlight article.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.