Here-String Case

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jonathan.gose@outlook.com

Here-String Case

Post by jonathan.gose@outlook.com »

Sapien PrimalScript 2018 x64 7.4.116.0
Windows 10 1803 x64

Experiencing an issue with the contents of here-strings having their case shifted (causing issues as they are being utilized for SQL statements). When I initially copy the associated SQL statement from SSMS the casing remains intact. If I happen to review or highlight the SQL statement afterwards PrimalScript will randomly adjust character casing. Fortunately, I caught this as the DB I'm updating is case sensitive and would not appreciate the changes. Once PrimalScript changes the case I'm unable to revert to it's original unless I copy the entire query back and do not interact with it. Not sure if disabling auto case correction will resolve the issue as I'd very much like to keep it enabled.

Thanks
Jonathan
Attachments
insert-preselect.jpg
insert-preselect.jpg (30.16 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
insert-posteselect.jpg
insert-posteselect.jpg (32.91 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Here-String Case

Post by davidc »

I have been unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Any specific steps you can provide will be useful.
As for the auto case correction option, I don't think it is the cause because that feature is triggered by the PrimalSense window when a selection is made.

Since you mention it happens while selecting the text, I wonder if it is the case of an accidental keyboard combo press? For example, if you press [Ctrl + U] it will convert the selection to lowercase.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you please attach an actual file with the content in question? or email it to support@sapien.com
Alexander Riedel

Attached, removed some items at the top as they contain internal information. I am able to replicate this behavior any time I select any part of the various here strings. Simply highlighting will change the case on select and where (not relevant but concerning) and highlighting the portion with the 'R' or double clicking on it will change it to 'r'.

Thanks for looking into this.
Attachments
sample_forReview.ps1
(18.08 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Thank you for providing the sample code.

I saw that highlighting line 277, containing the 'R', will change to 'r' automatically.
We'll look into it!
Alexander Riedel

I am not getting that with the latest service build, so please check again after you update. Thanks for the file.
Alexander Riedel

Experiencing the same issue with 7.4.117.0. Please let me know.

Thanks
Jonathan
Alexander Riedel

Can you please try 118 and see if that fixes the issue. I cannot replicate this here.
If the issue persists I am going to give it another look.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.