PrimalSense not finding modules in newest version

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dkkazak

PrimalSense not finding modules in newest version

Post by dkkazak »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2018 v5.5.154
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Since upgrading yesterday to this version, it is only showing me a limited subset of my PowerShell modules. I have gone into the cache editor and selected all of the modules I want to see as shown here:
[
Sapien1.png
Sapien1.png (39.1 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
When I go to look at available modules, most do not show up:
Sapien2.png
Sapien2.png (19.37 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
I have deleted my cache and refreshed my cache and it makes no difference.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: PrimalSense not finding modules in newest version

Post by davidc »

Please answer the following questions, so that we can help you further:

1. Verify that you have the V5 - 64 bit platform selected. You may only get a subset if you have V2 or 32 bit selected.

2. If you have the correct platform and the object browser is not displaying all the modules, then it is possible something is failing in the caching process. Please zip and upload the contents of the following folder:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\CachedData 2018\Local Machine

You can attach the zip file to this topic or upload it here:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

Note: The modules must be discoverable folder (in a PSModulePath) in order to cache it.

3. When using the CacheEditor, be sure to press the Build button otherwise the changes will not be applied. Also note that if you rebuild / refresh the cache, any changes made in the CacheEditor will be lost.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dkkazak

Post by dkkazak »

Right now, it is only giving me the V2 - 64 bit and V2 -32 bit options, not sure why it isn't showing the V5 options. I do have the modules selected in the cache builder and hit build there to try and get them to show up.

I have uploaded my zip file, so hopefully that will help.
davidc

Post by davidc »

According to the logs, it is failing to cache a large number of modules. What Execution Policy do you have set on that machine?

Code: Select all

Get-ExecutionPolicy
David
dkkazak

Post by dkkazak »

RemoteSigned
I'll also note that prior versions I didn't have this problem with the same PowerShell settings.
davidc

Post by davidc »

RemoteSigned should be fine, that is the same setting I use.

I noticed that all the caching processes stop at the exchange_online module and it seems the module has an odd null character at the end of the description. I suspect this might have something to do with the issue.

Is exchange_online module available for download or is it part of a suite?
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Can you zip and upload the exchange_online* files located in the the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PresetCache 2018\ModuleCacheV5

Having access preset cache files should hopefully allow us to reproduce the issue.

In the meantime, use the Cache Editor and uncheck the exchange_online module and see if the other checked modules show up in PowerShell Studio.
David
dkkazak

Post by dkkazak »

I'm not sure what changed, but I have rebooted a couple of times (and received a new insider build, as well) and it now seems to be working. Thanks for your help in learning some more things to look at.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the update.
David
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.