Autocase and color function names

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

Autocase and color function names

Post by clum09 »

Product, version and build: 7.4.116
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

PromalScript randomly fails to auto case and color the function names within the script when the script has a large number of functions and the editor has been used for a longer period of time. This behavior has been happening for quite sometimes, but I just did not have time to report this issue.

I will post the screen shots of this problem when I encounter it next time.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Autocase and color function names

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Screenshots are not really much help in this situation. Most commonly it is a construct In your script that makes the parser fail.
Hence we would need the script in the state it is when this fails.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

It seems like the autocasing and coloring problem happens when I work on multiple scripts for a longer period of time. When this problem occurs, I have to close all the scripts, close PrimalScript, and then re-start PrimalScript again in order for the autocasing and coloring to work normally. This happens every time now, which in turn renders PrimalScript to be unusable for time being. I have to resort to using PowerStudio for now until this problem gets fixed.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

“Multiple files” is too vague. Please provide at least some kind of order of magnitude.
“Longer period of time” is too vague. Please provide some kind of time frame.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Hi there!

In order to try to reproduce your issue, we need to know which theme your editor is using: Dark or Light??
Also, have you try to change the theme to see if the issue is consistent.

We are working in reproduce the issue on our end. This information will help!
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

FYI

Just to be clear! It may not be a Theme issue but it will help to have an starting point to reproduce the issue.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

It has nothing to do with the theme issue. PrimalScript has just become very unstable since the last several releases - up to point where it is not usable.

Even if I work on one single script for a long period of time, the autocase and coloring problem starts to happen, and all the sudden the program crashes where it will shut itself down completely. There seems to be a lot of parsing and processing going within PrimalScript, which renders the program to become unstable and eventually crashes.

With multiple scripts opened, the program tends to have this problem sooner and eventually crashes.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Just an FYI

The fix should be available on the next Service Release of the product.
Apologies for any inconvenience!
clum09

Post by clum09 »

One thing I have found that can quickly trigger the PrimalScript Editor to lose autocase and color during editing my script is when I am editing the parameters of a function similar to the one below.

Code: Select all

function Get-Something {
	param ([Parameter(Mandatory=$true,
		ValueFromPipeline=$true)]
		[string]
		$parameter1,
		[string]
		$parameter2,
		[string]
		$parameter3,
		[string]
		$parameter4,
		[string]
		$parameter5,
		[string]
		$parameter6
	)
	begin
	{

}
	process
	{

}
}
If I try to change any of the parameter type from [string] to [object] or to any other type in the function above, the editor simply fails to autocase and lose the ability to color the function name immediately.
This topic is 5 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.