Class Browser not display contents

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

Class Browser not display contents

Post by clum09 »

Product, version and build: 7.4.115
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

This new version of PrimalScript periodically fails to display the function names in the editor's Class Browser pane when I open and work on more than one script in the editor. This is very annoying when I need to jump to a function to check out some code. This behavior does not seem to happen every time, but it happens randomly throughout the day when I work on multiple scripts.

I will provide a screen shot when this happens next time.

This behavior has never happened in PowerShell Studio with more than five scripts in the editor for some reason.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Class Browser not display contents

Post by Alexander Riedel »

PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript are two entirely different products, so there is no correlation on that.
I'll have to check on that. When that happens, check if the function combobox on top of any of these files is empty too.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

I just took a screen shot of PrimalScript not showing anything in the Class Browser pane. I opened two scripts in PrimalScript, and when I tried to check the function names from the Class Browser pane, nothing showed up. See the attachment below. This behavior is very annoying and is happening randomly.
ClassBrowsers.jpg
ClassBrowsers.jpg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 4718 times
clum09

Post by clum09 »

After I had closed both scripts, and then I re-opened them in PrimalScript again, the Class Browser pane only shows the function names from one of the scripts - no function names showing for the second scripts. See the screen shot below.
ClassBrowsers2.jpg
ClassBrowsers2.jpg (133.2 KiB) Viewed 4714 times
It only shows function names for Setup.ps1 and not for DeployVM.ps1 script. When I expanded the Globals folder in the pane, I only saw the function names from Setup.ps1 script.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

I was able to reproduce the issue. It's sporadic but it those happen.
We'll have our developer take a look at it and we'll get back as soon as possible.

Thanks for posting the issue!
PrimalScript_ClassBrowser_01_2018-08-14_19-08-21.jpg
PrimalScript_ClassBrowser_01_2018-08-14_19-08-21.jpg (135.04 KiB) Viewed 4703 times
Alexander Riedel

It’s not helpful to see screenshots where it fails. It’s not like we don’t believe it.
Please refer to my question above about the navigation bar.
Also, is it possible to have the scripts in question? Generally when no navigation elements are displayed it is because the parser fails somewhere with the code
Alexander Riedel
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Here is another example of the Class Browser pane not showing the function names of the scripts currently opened in PrimalScript.
ClassBrowsers3.jpg
ClassBrowsers3.jpg (299.82 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
The Class Browser pane only shows the functions from Get-DeployVMXMLData.ps1 script, but failed to show the functions from DeployVM.ps1 script. This is very annoying, and it is difficult to use this editor to write scripts when I need to look up functions within the script.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Just an FYI

We can reproduce the issue and will be fix on our next product.

Thanks again for the post!
Alexander Riedel

As Max pointed out we isolated the issue. It would be extremely helpful if in the future you would answer the questions we post. It will make things go faster. Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 5 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.