Unable to load projects in Studio2016

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PowershellingDK

Unable to load projects in Studio2016

Post by PowershellingDK »

Starting with the product details:
Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2016, version 5.2.121
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

I have recently installed PS Studio on a new machine and wanted to continue on my projects, but whenever I try to open them, "nothing" happens.
The projects are not being loaded, but just listed under recently opened, but when I click the projects in the recent list, it states that the files are not accessible. I've tried to copy the files to various locations on my PC, but the result is the same. It's the same issue with all of my backed up projects.
Both .psf and .ps1 files are present for all projects.
The projects may have been written in an older version of PS Studio (Still a 2016 version) - would this be an issue? - if so, how can I fix this?
Below is a screenshot of what happens:
2018-04-17 08_32_32-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.png
2018-04-17 08_32_32-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.png (5.96 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
PowershellingDK

Re: Unable to load projects in Studio2016

Seems like my assumption was correct.
It refuses to load because it was written in another version. What the? So now I've lost all my projects? - Please tell me there's a way to fix this!:
2018-04-17 11_47_31-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.png
2018-04-17 11_47_31-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2016.png (7.84 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

This message appears when you try to open a psf file that was created or edited with a later version of PowerShell Studio.
If you edit an older version file, PowerShell Studio will automatically create a backup of the original psf file:

CS-Generator.psf.bak

Simply rename the file and you should able to edit it with your original version.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PowershellingDK

Sorry for the late reply.
There is no such file as CS-Generator.psf.bak created. So there's nothing to rename.
Some of the old project files work, some don't.
davidc

Post by davidc »

If you can zip and upload the project and I can take a quick look:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
David
PowershellingDK

Thank you David, I've uploaded a zip file.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Can you also upload one of the files that you are able to load?

Thank you,
David
PowershellingDK

I've uploaded a project that opens correctly, thank you.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I emailed you a modified CS-Generator.psf. It is possible that you may encounter minor compatibility issues but it should load.
David
This topic is 5 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.