PromalScript 2007 questions

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 15 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Hello,

I have a few questions about the features in PrimalScript 2007 Enterprise edition.

1. What is the Compile/Check Script option used for?

I tried it, and it compiled my script into a self-executable, but the icon is a default one, and I have no way of changing the icon.

2. The script packager for PrimalScript 2007 does not have the version info capability.

Is it true?

3. PrimalScript 2007 cannot package the Windows Script File (.wsf) script into the self-executable file.

Is it true?

Thanks.
Ferdinand Rios

Post by Ferdinand Rios »

1) You can quickly compile an open script into an executable by using the Compile/Check Syntax button on the Script toolbar, although you cannot specify advanced options like alternate credentials or changing the icon. For that, use the Script packager.

2) I am not exactly sure to what you are referring to here.

3) We do not currently support the packaging of WSF files..
F.G. Rios
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Hello,

PrimalScript does not have VERSION_INFO capability when the script is packaged. This means that the packaged executable file DOES NOT have the properties that show the product name, the version of the executable file, the company name, and any comment, etc. that the author of the script wants to show when someone right clicks on the packaged executable file and looks at the perpoerties page of the file.

This is something that I do not see as the option when I try to package the script.

I like that fact PrimalScript can compile the script to run in memory using the the Compile/Check Script option, but without the VERSION_INFO capability and the option to change the icon, this is actually worthless.

How about the argument handling by PrimalScript?

Can I write my script that accepts arguments (arguments without spaces and with spaces) as I normally can in WSH's Wscript.Arguemnts method and when I package the script, will I be able to pass arguments to the packaged script as if I launch the script without packaging?

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Setting the version information is not supported at this time.
You can change the icon to anything you want to with the script packager and even the command line version, please consult the provided manual for more detail.

Arguments are passed to the script and are available via the WScript.Arguments collection. I don't know if you have any special requirements or circumstances so I guess the best thing would be to give it a try.

I use the following script to verify argument handling for the packager:

Set objArgs = WScript.ArgumentsFor I = 0 to objArgs.Count - 1 WScript.Echo objArgs(I)Next
Dim argsNamed, argsUnnamedSet argsNamed = WScript.Arguments.NamedSet argsUnnamed = WScript.Arguments.Unnamed
WScript.Echo "There are " & argsNamed.Count & " named arguments."WScript.Echo "There are " & argsUnnamed.Count & " unnamed arguments."

Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 15 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.