Cmdlet Autocomplete & "In" autocomplete

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
clum09

Re: Cmdlet Autocomplete & "In" autocomplete

Post by clum09 »

I don't know why your PrimalScript does not upper case the i in front of the in. My PrimalScript upper cases the i as soon as I tab the cursor away from the n character. It assumes that the in keyword is a parameter for some reason.
Attachments
PrimalScript-in-to_In.jpg
PrimalScript-in-to_In.jpg (160.51 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
clum09

Post by clum09 »

I don't know why your PrimalScript does upper case i in front of in like mine did. Attached is the screen shot after I tapped away from n character. This behavior does not happen in PowerShell Studio though.
Attachments
PrimalScript-in-to_In.jpg
PrimalScript-in-to_In.jpg (160.51 KiB) Viewed 6400 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you attach the complete file?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

In my test, in PrimalScript I was able to unselect the "Auto case correction", and it will not impact intelli-sense leaving the "in" in lowecase inside the "foreach(..)" clause.
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Attached is the file that you can test. Rename the extension from .txt to .ps1 and test it out.
Test-In-For-loop.txt
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
You can test to type the keyword "in" inside the Show-Usage function, and the PrimalSense will change the "i" to "I" once you hit the space bar to bring the cursor away from the letter n.
Alexander Riedel

I see what you mean. I will check on what is causing that. Thanks for the file.
Alexander Riedel
clum09

Post by clum09 »

Hello,

I want to know the status of this issue to see what you have come up with. I have not heard anything back from you since the last post.

Like I said previously in this thread, when I deselected the "Auto case correction", PrimalScript failed to auto complete and auto case the function names I had within the script. This is not an acceptable solution to the problem that I am experiencing.

Thank you in advance.
Alexander Riedel

AFAIK this has been fixed and will be part of the next service build. I think I remember it was caused by the content of some here string you had in your file.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.