Issues with Script Packager and Start Transcript

Ask your PowerShell-related questions, including questions on cmdlet development!
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TylerR

Issues with Script Packager and Start Transcript

Post by TylerR »

I am having an issue when I compile my Script with V2 Host (Command Line) (for compatibility reasons) and attempt to start a transcript to collect the console messages. The script works just fine when running thru the normal PowerShell Console, but when I run as the compiled file. No issue with the V3 (Command Line) Host, but the servers I am working with do not like it.

What do I need to select to debug this; or is this a issue with the compiler?

Powershell Studio 2017, V5.4.132
  1. ERROR: Start-Transcript : This host does not support transcription.
  2. ERROR: At line:15 char:17
  3. ERROR: + Start-Transcript <<<<  -Path $($folder + '\psTranscript.log')
  4. ERROR:     + CategoryInfo          : NotImplemented: (:) [Start-Transcript], PSNotSupportedException
  5. ERROR:     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NotSupported,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.Start
  6. ERROR:    TranscriptCommand
  7. ERROR:
  10. ERROR: Stop-Transcript : This host does not support transcription.
  11. ERROR: At line:33 char:16
  12. ERROR: + Stop-Transcript <<<<
  13. ERROR:     + CategoryInfo          : NotImplemented: (:) [Stop-Transcript], PSNotSupportedException
  14. ERROR:     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NotSupported,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StopTranscriptCommand
  15. ERROR:
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Re: Issues with Script Packager and Start Transcript

Post by jvierra »

The V2 compiler does not support transcripts like it says in the error. Tu will need to use a V3 or later version.
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.