Not all cmdlets in intellisense?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DeKade

Not all cmdlets in intellisense?

Post by DeKade »

Product, version and build:
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Some official cmdlets like Get-AdClaimType are not showing up in the "intellisense"
How can I add those? (they are available on the machine that I run powershell studio on)
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Not all cmdlets in intellisense?

Post by davidc »

Get-AdClaimType is part of the ActiveDirectory module and not all Windows OSes have this module installed.

Please check that the module is installed on your system.

If it is, please verify that it appears in the list of module within PowerShell Studio's Object Browser panel.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DeKade

Post by DeKade »

davidc wrote:Get-AdClaimType is part of the ActiveDirectory module and not all Windows OSes have this module installed.

Please check that the module is installed on your system.

If it is, please verify that it appears in the list of module within PowerShell Studio's Object Browser panel.
The command is available on my system. but it's not in the list in object browser panel. (other AD cmdlets are though)
Can I add it?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

If it's not available in the Object Browser but the module is installed on your machine, you should be able to rebuild the cache and it solve your problem.

This can be achieved by clicking the "Rebuild Cache" button in the ribbon:
Rebuild_Cache.png
Rebuild_Cache.png (16.43 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
DevinL
DeKade

Post by DeKade »

Unfortunalty rebuilding the cache succeded but did not solve the problem .
Anything else I could try?
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

If that wasn't able to resolve your issue then can you please specify the version number of your PowerShell Studio installation?
DevinL
DeKade

Post by DeKade »

PowerShell Studio 2017 v5.4.136
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I'm having difficulty reproducing this on my end, which cmdlets are missing exactly?

You stated that some of them are appearing, is it that only part of a module is appearing or that some AD modules are listed while others aren't?
DevinL
DeKade

Post by DeKade »

For example, Get-AdClaimType is not appearing.
Get-ADUser is appearing
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

In that case, yes, I do indeed see what you mean. I will look into this and post back here when I have some more information.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 3 days old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.