PrimalScript 2016 VBS compiled to EXE on XP/POSReady 2009

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PrairieDawg

PrimalScript 2016 VBS compiled to EXE on XP/POSReady 2009

Post by PrairieDawg »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2016, Version 7.2.94
(*** Please do not write "latest" as a version, specify a version number ***)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 32
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 32 bit

I recently learned that the .vbs scripts I was compiling to exe, which ran fine on VMware Windows 8 did not run when used on the real target of XP or POSReady 2009 systems.

I found article viewtopic.php?t=8703 and tried the solution recommended, but I still have issues with my .vbs to .exe builds reporting "not a valid Win32 application..."

Question: Do I need a newer version of the "Windows XP Script Hosts.zip" file for PrimalScript 2016?

Thanks,
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PrimalScript 2016 VBS compiled to EXE on XP/POSReady 2009

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Well, PrimalScript 2016 doesn't really support Windows XP anymore. Support for XP was dropped when Microsoft ended support for Windows XP.
That being said, the xp hosts *should* work, even though they are unsupported.
If you get a "not a valid Win32 application" message you most likely are building for 64 bit. Make sure you select a 32 bit engine.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.