Updater dies!

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
monoeagle

Re: Updater dies!

Post by monoeagle »

Now I've send the zip file splitted in 2 mails a 15MB directly to the support@sapien.com.
I hope the files arrives via mail. =)

regards
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I just wanted to let you know that we did receive the files, however, one of them was corrupted and we couldn't open the zip file.

We're looking into it at the moment and if we have some more information we'll post it here.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

Hi DevinL

I have send you the dmp file splitted in 3 parts with CRC File.

The unpack works here.

regards
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Success! I managed to download and piece together the various files.

I'll forward this to the developers and when we have some more information we'll be sure to post it here.
DevinL
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

thanks =)
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Unfortunately, we're unable to narrow down the cause of this crash so far. Can you provide me with the exact steps you took in order for the updater to crash?

Did you use Download and Install or Download Only?
DevinL
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

- Opened Studio
- Updater started
- Both Options was tested, for this dump Download+Install

waited waited waited waited waited .... crashed until Download still not finished (70%, 50%, 30% .. whatever)

System rebooted, next try, same result
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Alrighty, in that case I'll see what I can do to reproduce this.

Just to clarify, does the download start and then crash before finishing or crash before the download even begins?
DevinL
monoeagle

Post by monoeagle »

download started and crashed before finished, the among of downloaded parts was different(30%, 50%, 70% ....) every try.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for that.

So far I've still had no success in reproducing this but I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.
DevinL
This topic is 7 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.