Position of IDE Panels cannot be saved

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
it@modotex.com

Position of IDE Panels cannot be saved

Post by it@modotex.com »

Product, version and build: 5.2.126.0
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit
PowerShell Version: V5

I have one normal monitor and one on end. After saving my panel layout i ever was able to restore the settings. Since update from 4.2 to 5.2 i am not able to save any useful layout. I don't know why, but my panels are completly messed up. So i am only able to use one monitor, or have to rearrange all panels on each start up. This is very irritating.
DevinL

Re: Position of IDE Panels cannot be saved

Post by DevinL »

If I understand you correctly it seems as though your panels are rearranging themselves, is this correct? If so you probably have Auto Layout enabled which automatically arranges your layout based on the current activity.

One thing you can do is disable Auto Layout altogether, or make it work in your favor by customizing the layouts. If you setup the layout how you would like it to be during debugging for example, you can save that layout as the Debug Layout and whenever you go to Debug a script or project it automatically adjusts to that layout.

To do this, arrange your panels as you normally would until you get them the way you want. Click Layouts in the bottom left and select Save Layout, then name it Debug Layout and save it.
Save_Layout.png
Save_Layout.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
Now you can select the Editor Only layout and then when you begin debugging your script/project it will automatically adjust to the layout you defined a moment ago.

NOTE: If you would like to disable Auto Layout, click the Auto Layout button in the bottom left as shown here:
Auto_Layout.png
Auto_Layout.png (7.68 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.