0xc000007b error upon launch

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
russrimm

0xc000007b error upon launch

Post by russrimm »

Product, version and build:5.2.124
32 or 64 bit version of product:64 bit
Operating system:Windows 10 14393 (Anniversary Edition)
32 or 64 bit OS:64 bit
PowerShell Version:5.1.14393

Every time I start PowerShell Studio 2016, I get an error from CacheManager64.exe
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
I get the same error when I click "Check for updates", but it comes from Sapien Updates.exe instead. Any .exe that is called within the app gives the same error.

I've been having this problem for months to no avail. Originally I was having this problem on a Windows 10 insider preview, but now I'm on the anniversary addition so hoping to get to the bottom of it since i'll hopefully be on a supported version of Windows 10 now!!!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: 0xc000007b error upon launch

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please see: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10165&p=55434#p55434
I asked you to uninstall and re-install the Visual Studio runtime. Did you try that?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
russrimm

Re: 0xc000007b error upon launch

Post by russrimm »

Yes, I did that a few months ago and did didn't help.

Now - this is very strange, but I just tried it again and it's working for the first time ever.

I have no idea what changed. I tried everything and gave up. I got upgraded to anniversary edition, and hoped for the best but it still didn't work.
Today, it's magically working.

Crazy...
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.