VersionRecall 2016 | No Preview | No help

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
titussc

VersionRecall 2016 | No Preview | No help

Post by titussc »

Product, version and build: VersionRecall
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

I am using the trial of PrimalScript 2016 and VersionRecall 2016.

When in the script folder if I click on the script I get NO PREVIEW (see np.jpg).

Another problem is that when I go in to help there is no content and it says 2015 not 2016 (assuuming in the process of updating the help?) - Please see image NP.jpg

Both of these features would be very helpful to us as we are trying to het approval to order PrimalScrips and VersionRecall licenses for 6 or 7 of us. Right now we are using the 45 day trial and getting things set up in anticipation of this purchase. If we are not able to get this working to our liking then we may have to find another solution. Any help that I can get is greatly appreciated we mostly script in WinBatch but have many bat, vbs, ps1 etc.... files. a .txt file did not evem show up in that preview window so I'm quite sure it's not a file extension problem. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or need to do I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Attachments
NF.jpg
NF.jpg (59.57 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
NP.jpg
NP.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
DevinL

Re: VersionRecall 2016 | No Preview | No help

Post by DevinL »

Thank you for reporting this, I've passed this on to the development team and will let you know when I have some more information.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

No preview means that Windows Explorer has no preview option for that file type. We have added support for all generic text files (tagged as PerceivedType=Text in the registry) to be previewed with the built in text viewer with the next service build.
Alexander Riedel
titussc

Post by titussc »

Okay yes I've seen explorer act in this way, what about the help content for VersionRecall? That is still listed as 2015?
Alexander Riedel

Working on it....
Alexander Riedel
Alexander Riedel

Can you please tell me what the exact version of VersionRecall is that you have installed?
Alexander Riedel
titussc

Post by titussc »

I have version 1.8.3 instated id there a newer one, maybe with an ssh on or not feature default.
Anyways we are using the emended java but atr doing nothing else different (try a alpha build) between.
titussc

Post by titussc »

Sorry I was thinking of a different software when I answered you. We are on VersioRecall 2016. The help worked last time I used it but still said 2015. I will be working on this project today and will give you specifics.
Windows 7 and 10 64 bit machines
VersionRecall exe version name: VRK16Setup_1.2.131_031116_x64.exe
PrimalScript exe version name: PSR16Setup_7.2.84_032516_x64.exe
Thanks,
Scott
This topic is 7 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.