Unhandled Exception

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dave.wiard

Unhandled Exception

Post by dave.wiard »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2016, 5.2.118
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 8.1
32 or 64 bit OS: 64
PowerShell Version: 5.0.10586.117

Every time I load one of our PowerShell scripts I get an unhandled exception stating:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Unable to cast object of type ' ' to type '-. '.
Complete details of the exception are attached.

If I click Continue the script loads but things like code folding are not enabled. Syntax highlighting is still functional. I can provide the actual script via email if necessary.
Attachments
PowerShell Studio Unhandled Exception.zip
Complete details from unhandled exception.
(1.73 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
DevinL

Re: Unhandled Exception

Post by DevinL »

Could you please send the script to us at support@sapien.com so we can reproduce it on our end?
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dave.wiard

Post by dave.wiard »

I am now back in town and I found build 119 was available so I just updated it on both my laptop and desktop. Neither machine is generating the same Unhandled Exception error now. I think we can close this as "unknown resolution" unless you'd still prefer to have the source code to check what caused it in build 118.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

In that case, if you don't mind sharing, it would be great if you could share the code so we can make sure that it doesn't appear in any future builds. You can send it to support@sapien.com or to me directly at devinl@sapien.com.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.