GUI Hangs when Download/Upload files to Azure Storage Account

Ask questions about creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) in PowerShell and using WinForms controls.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
odd@espedalen.me

GUI Hangs when Download/Upload files to Azure Storage Account

Post by odd@espedalen.me »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2015 Version 4.2.99
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 bit
Operating system: Windows 8
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

HI,

I’m making a GUI application from Windows PowerShell to download/upload files to a Azure Storage Account.
When I’m running the script in debug mode or the code directly in PowerShell ISE there is no problems with the script, but if I compile the script to EXE file, or run the PowerShell script from a bat file the process hangs after the file are finished downloaded/uploaded to Azure Storage Account. And I have to force close or kill the application to close it.

Have any one heard about this before that a script runs in debug or ISE but not as a script og an application?

The code for my test Application are attched to this post.
Attachments
AzureStorageUploadTest.psf
(51.99 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
DevinL

Re: GUI Hangs when Download/Upload files to Azure Storage Account

Post by DevinL »

[POST MOVED TO POWERSHELL GUI FORUM BY MODERATOR]

I moved this to the GUI Forum so anyone else can chime in if they have any ideas. In the meantime, I believe this is related to a previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9479&p=51526&hilit=Azure#p51526

In the post June links to a previous blog post that may solve the issue for you:

https://www.sapien.com/blog/2014/10/23/ ... reaccount/
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.