custom Modules not highlighting/ loading in object broswer

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
John.dansak

custom Modules not highlighting/ loading in object broswer

Post by John.dansak »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2015 Active Trial Version 4.2.99
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 10 version 1511 OS build 10586.71
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

New to PowerShell Studio so this may be a user error, but none of my imported modules commands are showing in the Object browser or are being colored/highlighted in the scripting panel.

I have tried rebuilding the cache a couple times. also I have tried to load them various ways ( i.e when the PSmodules path didn't work, I added imported thru my profile/ manually imported. Then rebuilt the cache again. ) Also I have checked the cmdlet primalsense is set to all cmdlets.

but nothing seems to work.

As of right now I'm only trying to load the AWS modules, and they are working in the ISE without issue. Any ideas of what I should try next?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (135.43 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
psmodules.txt
$env:PSModulePath > c:\temp\psmodules.txt
(430 Bytes) Downloaded 332 times
DevinL

Re: custom Modules not highlighting/ loading in object broswer

Post by DevinL »

There appears to be something hinky going on with the AWS Module. We're investigating this and will reply when we have more information.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
John.dansak

Post by John.dansak »

DevinL wrote:There appears to be something hinky going on with the AWS Module. We're investigating this and will reply when we have more information.

So it's with the AWS module and PowerShell studio, an not my setup. I feel better, thank you.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

While we look into why exactly the AWS Module isn't being detected, I have a workaround so that it will cache the module in the meantime.

1) After installing PowerShell Studio and the AWS Tools for PowerShell, I refreshed the cache with no success.
2) I rebooted the machine and from the PowerShell Studio console I ran Import-Module AWSPowerShell
3) Refresh the cache one final time and then the AWS Module appeared.

If you could, please try the above and let me know if that fixes it.
DevinL
John.dansak

Post by John.dansak »

no luck I'm going to reinstall everything tomorrow and see what I can find. thanks you looking. I'll let you know what I find.
John.dansak

Post by John.dansak »

I now have it working

What I did is just copy the whole AWSPowerShell directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\AWS Tools\PowerShell to the C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

I not sure why but either my $env:PSmodelPath is wonky or PowerShell studio is have issues with it on this machine.

DevinL, Thank you for the super quick responses.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Not a problem, just glad to know you got it working. Hopefully we'll be able to narrow down the exact problem and solve it soon.

If you have any further issues, please don't hesitate to post again.
DevinL
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.