Customized modules not appearing in Powershell Studio

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
weiyen.tan@gmail.com

Customized modules not appearing in Powershell Studio

Post by weiyen.tan@gmail.com »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2015 v4.2.99
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64 Bit
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
32 or 64 bit OS: 64 bit

Hi,

I have a few powershell modules that I have created and stored in the default
c:\Program Files\WindowsPowershell\Modules

I can see it in the shell and get the help in functions by using get-help and .

What I would like is to be able to see that in the objectbrowser in powershell studio. I can't make it see my customised module.

What do I need to do to make my customised modules appear in Powershell studio?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Customized modules not appearing in Powershell Studio

Post by davidc »

If the module doesn't appear in the Object browser, you will have to refresh PowerShell Studio's cache:
Rebuild Cache.png
Rebuild Cache.png (14.18 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
Since some modules are version / Platform specific, please verify your platform settings in PowerShell Studio.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
weiyen.tan@gmail.com

Re: Customized modules not appearing in Powershell Studio

Post by weiyen.tan@gmail.com »

Hi David,

Just a follow up with this.

I managed to fix the problem after scouring your old forum posts. I found this.

I had to do a clean and then a rebuild for the 64 bit version. Everything is working as is...perhaps this is something that needs to be investigated. As it does not seem to be initiating when pressing the rebuild cache button .
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.