The installer has insufficient to access c:\users\x\Documents\SAPIEN

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Jehoschua

The installer has insufficient to access c:\users\x\Documents\SAPIEN

Post by Jehoschua »

Product, version and build: SPS15Setup_4.2.99_120715_x64.exe
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

Hello

If we try to install PowerShell Studio 2015 using the "full installation" option, we always get the error, that the setup can not access the folder
c:\Users\schittli\Documents\SAPIEN\

The following things are important:
» my loged in user has Administrator rights
» I start setup.exe using "run as administrator"
» If I get the error, I can see that the directory c:\Users\schittli\Documents\SAPIEN\ does not exists and I get the error displayed in the atached screenshot "01 - Directory acess problem.png"
» If I manually create the directory c:\Users\schittli\Documents\SAPIEN\, then setup.exe says, that it can not create the directory (see atached screenshot "02 - Cannot create directory.png"), which is obviously a bug: if the directory already exists,it should just use it and stop working.
» I already restarted the computer and tried to install it again. Same problem.

Thanks a lot for any help!,
kind regards,
Thomas Schittli
Attachments
02 - Cannot create directory.png
02 - Cannot create directory.png (22.21 KiB) Viewed 7932 times
01 - Directory acess problem.png
01 - Directory acess problem.png (20.47 KiB) Viewed 7932 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: The installer has insufficient to access c:\users\x\Documents\SAPIEN

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's a pretty standard Windows Installer package. Usually issues like this stem from a redirected "My Documents" folder with a lack of permissions for the administrative user. The error message you see comes straight from Windows installer and indicates a lack of privileges.
I would suggest to try a test install on a machine without redirected user folders for verification.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Jehoschua

Post by Jehoschua »

Hi Alexander
Thank you very much for your answer!, because you wrote that it's a pretty standard Windows Installer package I reset the security settings for the Documents Folder - and I worked perfectly. Sorry for the trouble.
Kind regards,
Tom
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

No problem. Glad to hear it worked out.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.