Primal script crahes

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
JMS_PT

Primal script crahes

Post by JMS_PT »

Today I received an update for primal script, when I try to access Sapiens page using primal script (Help tab -> "Sapien Home"), and then try to login to the page the system crashes...
I`m using x64 version of primal script.
I`m running Windows 10 x64

Primal Script crashes.png
Primal Script crashes.png (666.9 KiB) Viewed 7663 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Primal script crahes

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you for letting us know.We will investigate.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Please post the exact build with which this happens, just to make sure we are looking at the same thing.
From your post it is not clear if this is before an update with an unknown build or after the update with the latest build.
Alexander Riedel
JMS_PT

Post by JMS_PT »

The build is:
build.png
build.png (6.64 KiB) Viewed 7641 times
Also in attach the file for a portion of the memory dump (they all point (I have 4) to the same OCX in the stack)
dmp.txt
(9.92 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Alexander Riedel

Yes, thank you for the dump files. The exception occurs in the Adobe Flash Player control. This is not part of PrimalScript.
I suggest to disable the Flash plugin in Internet Explorer and try again.
Alexander Riedel
JMS_PT

Post by JMS_PT »

Yep I tried that when it first happen.
As per
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... -edge.html
and
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3087040
I also confirm the reg setting at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Addons

I know that are some known issues with windows 10 Edge, but I disabled the add-on in Edge, also in IE (because windows 10 also has a hidden IE :)) and in Chrome which is my default browser... Unfortunately the stack always show that Flash.OCX after Primalscript cals the URL, that`s why I posted here to know if you knew anything about this...

I did a quick search and I found MS KB3087040 that does not seem to be related with this issue.

1 note, the page loads ok, the problem/crash only happens if I click in a link like login...
JMS_PT

Post by JMS_PT »

Here`s what I found so far:
When opening the same page in a browser (Edge or chrome), no problem what so ever...

But with Primal script, SHARING violation occurs when the app creates "NativeCache.directory" inside "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\NativeCache"

The browsers, when used without Primal script don`t try to create this cache file... which is used by video (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb ... -play.html)?

This appears to happen when the page is loading the social Icons, So I was wondering if you think that may be related with this problem...
Alexander Riedel

I ran a quick test on my machines here and I cannot produce the problem. I will forward the information to our web developers tomorrow morning and see what they can find.
Alexander Riedel
JMS_PT

Post by JMS_PT »

Ok, thanks, I`m also seeing a lot of bufferoverflows in the stack... So at this point is not very clear what is going on.
Later I`ll try a live debug to try to figure out what`s going on, let me know if you have news on this.
Alexander Riedel

PrimalScript just uses an IE object for this, not sure what would cause a difference. We will know more when the web devs get their hands on this.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.