[PSS 2015] Default File Type

Post feature requests, product enhancement ideas, and other product-specific suggestions here. Do not post bug reports.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2015] Default File Type

Post by Bosparan »

Hi Guys,

I bring you yet another small feature request:

I can define the default file type in the options, which I am offered when creating a new, standalone file (eg: If I press "CTRL" + "N").
However, within a project, when I add a new blank file it always offers a form file by default. Changing this is of course a simple act (Simply sellect "PowerShell Script" and move on), however I'm occasionally a bit preoccupied and just forget about it. Which means I need to delete the empty form and create a new file.
This doesn't take much time individually, however, when I consider the number of times it's happened to me ... it just adds up.
So how about an option to set the default type when adding a file to a project?
Or - if you don't want to clutter the options menu with it - how about having a project remember the last choice, and set the default choice depending on the Project Type? Some example defaults:
- Collection Project - ps1
- Empty Project - ps1
- (Multi-)Form Project - pfs
- Module Project - ps1

Cheers,
Bosparan
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS 2015] Default File Type

Post by davidc »

It is easy enough to pre-select with the current default setting.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Post by Bosparan »

Hi David,
davidc wrote:It is easy enough to pre-select with the current default setting.
No doubt. Actually, it is extremely easy to do and I wasn't addressing difficulty. I was concerned with reducing time lost through error.
It's individually not much time, admittedly, but it adds up.

That said, I won't be brokenhearted if this request never happens - I have no idea how much effort it would require to implement and I'm sure there are higher priorities out there for your devs to spend time upon.
Just thought I'd mention it in case it takes but a few lines here or there ...

Cheers,
Bosparan
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Sorry I was not clear. I meant it was easy for us to select the default value so you don't have to. It will be in the next service release.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Post by Bosparan »

Cool :)
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.