Invalid Drive when installing Powershell Studio

Use this forum to ask questions after your subscription maintenance expires or before you buy. Need information on licensing or pricing? Questions about a trial version? This is the right place for you. No scripting questions, please.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Infosystem

Invalid Drive when installing Powershell Studio

Post by Infosystem »

Hi,

When trying to install Powershell Studio (SPS15Setup_4.2.98_111715_x64.exe) I get the following error at the very beginning of the setup (when "Computing space requirements"):

"---------------------------
PowerShell Studio 2015
---------------------------
Invalid Drive: I:\
OK
"

This seems to be the same problem as in viewtopic.php?t=1917.

Please note that UAC is disabled on this machine. There is no drive I:, and there has never been a drive I: mapped on this machine. Can you please let me know how I can workaround this? Not a very good start when evaluating a new software :?

Thanks, Chris
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Invalid Drive when installing Powershell Studio

Post by davidc »

Let's enable logging for the installer so we can try to pinpoint the issue. Please run the installer with the following arguments:

SPS15Setup_4.2.98_111715_x64.exe /L*V "C:\(path to log)\spsinstall.log"

You will have to zip the log before attaching it to this topic.

Do you also get this error when attempting to install our other products? For example, PrimalSQL or WMI Explorer?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Infosystem

Post by Infosystem »

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I enabled logging and it seems the problem is that some of my Shell Folders are mapped to an invalid drive:

MSI (c) (D0:7C) [09:05:31:627]: SHELL32::SHGetFolderPath returned: C:\Users\chs\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts
MSI (c) (D0:7C) [09:05:31:627]: SHELL32::SHGetFolderPath returned: I:\
MSI (c) (D0:7C) [09:05:31:627]: SHELL32::SHGetFolderPath returned: C:\Users\chs\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts

I changed the settings in my registry and can now install the software. Obviously that's an error on our end, but you might want to check why the installer crashes when one of the following directories (User Shell Folders) points to an invalid drive:
- Downloads
- My Music
- My Pictures
- My Video
- Personal

Thanks for the help, Chris
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the update.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.