encode a vbs ?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

encode a vbs ?

Post by Domtar »

Product, version and build: PrimalScript 2015, latest build
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system: Windows 7
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit

hi all,

in a previous version of PrimalScript, I was able to encode my script so no one can see the code. I was not able to find this option in PrimalScript 2015. was this feature removed?

thank you!
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: encode a vbs ?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

It's not removed, but not visible by default. The VBScript encoder is not really a safe option, as their are many decoders available online.
Depending on what you do, packaging the script as an exe might be safer choice.

Select the customize Quick Access Bar button and add the "Encode" command to the bar as shown below.
10-27-2015 1-14-52 PM.png
10-27-2015 1-14-52 PM.png (105.6 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Domtar
Has voted: 2 times

Re: encode a vbs ?

Post by Domtar »

it's safe enough for our needs :-)

thank you!
This topic is 8 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.