Best Practice for 2-3 person Team

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
dharrington

Best Practice for 2-3 person Team

Post by dharrington »

I am new user looking for some guidance on the best way to utilize VersionRecall for a small 2-3 person team project.

Currently I have a folder in my OneDrive for business used as my source folder and a document library setup in SharePoint Online as the repository. The other user has the same setup but we are using the same repository. Files being sent to the repository work fine but what is the best way to ensure that our source folders are up-to-date so that we are using the most recent version in our source folder. My understanding is that the sync is only one way, from source to repository.

v1.0.94.0
Windows 8/8.1
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Best Practice for 2-3 person Team

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The default mode is one way.

You can check the synchronize option in a repositories options as shown below.
6-19-2014 3-37-56 PM.png
6-19-2014 3-37-56 PM.png (49.38 KiB) Viewed 6518 times
There is also a GetLatest.exe command line tool in the installation folder you can use to force getting the latest.

Simply call with GetLatest <.recall file>
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
dharrington

Post by dharrington »

With the command line tool I get a syntax error. Is there a specific syntax needed. (ie GetLatest "My Project.recall")
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

GetLatest and the full path to the .recall file
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.