"No output from heat" when building MSI

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: "No output from heat" when building MSI

Post by davidc »

In the MSI Settings->Company Name, remove the ö character and see if you are able to build the MSI.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
goliska

Post by goliska »

davidc wrote:In the MSI Settings->Company Name, remove the ö character and see if you are able to build the MSI.

David
neither that nor removing the blankspace helped
davidc

Post by davidc »

Are you able to create installers for psf or ps1 files? Does this error occur on all installers on this machine?

Have you tried disabling anti-virus? Maybe something is preventing the msi from creating.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

The reason I suggested the character change was because it would fail to create the MSI on my test 8.1 unless I changed the company name. Otherwise I was able to build the installer without issue.

David
David
goliska

Post by goliska »

cant build msis of any file/project in pss.
can't disable Microsoft Forefront due to corporate policies.

I've not been in contact with additional packaging solution
goliska

Post by goliska »

did some digging..

you call MD5CryptoServiceProvider from heat.exe, which is not FIPS compliant, therefor i get an invalidoperation-exception: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms, since i've got fips compliance enforced, again corp. policy..

I can turn it off temporarly via HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy | Enabled:1 -> 0

and the MSIs builds as expected..

any chance of changing provider to sha or so for hashing?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The MSI's are build with the WIX toolkit. You can download the source
from http://wixtoolset.org/
and roll your own version.
Alexander Riedel
goliska

Post by goliska »

either that or if there's any convenient pre- and post- msibuild events where i can insert a oneliner to toggle the FipsAlgorithmPolicy-value via set-itemproperty?
This topic is 9 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.