Repository not updating via Service..

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
UOA_Primal

Repository not updating via Service..

Post by UOA_Primal »

First of all, love the product!!

This could well be a silly thing i'm missing but i'm new to VersionRecall and i've set it up on multiple machines now but just cant seem to get the scheduled service to copy the files to the repository.

Here's what i've tried.

Create a new repository, set the settings, tell it to Create new versions and Synchronize new files.
Then i check the service settings and make sure that the folder for the new repository is included.

Service is set to update the repository every 90 mins. Have left it for several hours check the file status within the folder and its still "newer".

Have checked the Service Status in VersionRecall is "Running", also checked Services.msc and it is also "Running".

If i click "Copy All", it works fine, version gets created in the repository etc.

Would really like it automated!

Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Repository not updating via Service..

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Hi. Glad to hear you like it. What you are observing can be one of two things.

1. The VersionRecall Explorer did not refresh unless a file was actually changed, so you may just not have seen the submit. We just released a service build that refreshes on a timer, but you can always hit refresh manually to see if there is a status change.

2. The service runs by default under your system account. If your repository is on a NAS or USB drive that should work fine. If your repository is on a restricted network share you may have to change under which user account the service runs. We recommend to create a specific account for the service and give it the required privileges to access any required remote location.

Please let us know if any of this helps.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Martinmcnutt

Post by Martinmcnutt »

I seem to be running into this issue too on a newly installed Server Version 1.0.53 (64 Bit).

Service is running as a Domain account with permissions to the remote share.

Service is setup to monitor every 15 Minutes.

Changes were made then I waited 30 minutes and opened up the console. Nothing was registered as a change. Clicked refresh and still nothing.Clicked on the Copy All button and it was registered as a change.
Alexander Riedel

Please look at this location "C:\ProgramData\VersionRecallService" if there is a service.log file.
Alexander Riedel
Martinmcnutt

Post by Martinmcnutt »

I see the ever 15 Minutes events indicating a cycle occurred.

I was wondering where the log was at. I would have expected a tad more for support to look at.

Code: Select all

Updating repository Messaging Repo at 09/12/13 14:37:01
Retrieving changes from repository EPS Messaging Repo at 09/12/13 14:37:01
Alexander Riedel

There is a new build available (1.0.56)
Please download and try with that.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 10 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.