Event 17310 Generates Everytime I Connect Using PrimalSQL

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jamesearl

Event 17310 Generates Everytime I Connect Using PrimalSQL

Post by jamesearl »

Hello,

Everytime I connect to our SQL server using PrimalSQL it generates the error event 17310 in the Application log and at one time it actually crashed our SQL server causing me to have to restart all SQL services. I'm using PrimalSQL 3.0.7
My SQL version is : Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1617.0 (X64) Apr 22 2011 19:23:43 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 <X64> (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Here's a copy of the actual event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event Category: Server
Event ID: 17310
Date: 5/13/2013
Time: 11:31:50 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NY-ZEUSPRD-02
Description:
A user request from the session with SPID 54 generated a fatal exception. SQL Server is terminating this session. Contact Product Support Services with the dump produced in the log directory.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Event 17310 Generates Everytime I Connect Using PrimalSQ

Post by davidc »

Can you create an ODBC connection to the server and verify that you do not get the same problem.

Also when you are connecting are you using the Query Builder or SQL Text document?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jamesearl

Post by jamesearl »

OK, I've connected via ODBC and am still getting the errors. Also, I'm also getting the following errors as well:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event Category: Server
Event ID: 8624
Date: 5/14/2013
Time: 2:25:09 PM
User: NYBCS\andersja
Computer: NY-ZEUSDEV-02
Description:
Internal Query Processor Error: The query processor could not produce a query plan. For more information, contact Customer Support Services.

I got this error prior but did not report it.

To answer your last question, I just launch PrimalSQl and choose the New Connection icon. This is all without even creating a SQL query.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I recommend contacting Microsoft in order to get insight on the error and possible cause. This is the first time this has been reported and there isn't much we can do on the SQL Server side of things.

In addition, refer to the following article. It may be related to your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2587929?wa=wsignin1.0

Hopefully MS can provide a lead.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jamesearl

Post by jamesearl »

Thanks for your response. I actually saw the KB article before sending my post but since my version falls under the green column, I figured maybe sapien support had a fix.

I will eventually open a case with MS and see what they have. If I do get a fix from them, I will update this post with that info.

Thanks again.
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.