primalscript virus?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
chevynovaln

primalscript virus?

Post by chevynovaln »

Oh, I know. What i'm hoping is that a DAT update will fix the issue... and when I install 3.1.1.5 I'll be able to EASILY tell that its fixed, as I won't get any errors.
robwm1

primalscript virus?

Post by robwm1 »

I'm right there with ya!
dping28

primalscript virus?

Post by dping28 »

I know AV choices are like Coke vs Pepsi and most people/companies have their 'one'. But just to pass along my experience I have been using Eset Nod32 & Smart Security for almost 10 years. I have never caught a virus, it kills the connection before i get an infected file and ive never gotten a false positive from any software ive downloaded. That may be due to the fact that they send out updates 10-20 times a day. Just an fyi.
robwm1

primalscript virus?

Post by robwm1 »

Symantec just informed me that they will be removing the detection causing the false positive. They say the change will be released in the next virus definitions update.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

primalscript virus?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thanks for the heads up.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
robsandri

primalscript virus?

Post by robsandri »

I am getting the same virus detections - I am using Avast 7.x. My Microsoft AV did not detect anything. The files flagged as infected are PoshExeHoseForms.exe and PoshExeHostWin.exe. The threat is identified as Win32:Malware-gen
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

primalscript virus?

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Still a false positive.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 11 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.