Call subfolder from variable

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tech_soul8

Post by tech_soul8 »

Well, was it so hard? All you had to do is write this few lines of code and explain it to me :) All this time from my first post I suppose that you think I'm searching on Internet for some codes, copy-paste them into my computer and waiting to see what will happen. That's the reason why you keep telling me "... you seen that somewhere..." All the codes I post I wrote them by my self. Sometimes I get lost in examples from the book or I'm trying to add something new to the code I found in documentation or a book. That's the way I'm trying to learn new things. And sometimes to learn how to write a good code you have to read codes from more experienced code writers. I appreciate your help very much.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

I thinkl you donm't understand. I do not write custom code for people who do not want to lewarn how to do this.

I know you think you got something here. Yu did. Hopefully uyou learned that by looking things up you can figure it out for yuorself.

The code I posted was to further make my point that the things you were trying to do made no sense.

Learn the technology. Your boss and co-workers will be amazed that you can understand this. It will take you some "going back to school time" but that is very good for anybody. Shake out the cobwebs. Even you can learn this and maybe even enjoy it.

Happy scripting!
tech_soul8

Post by tech_soul8 »

I wasn't ever asked from you to write me a code or anyone else, nor I was trying to get out with simple solutions. I don't have a boss and I do this in my spare time. Why? Because I'm planning to go to collage and one day work for some IT industry or something like that. Until that I'm doing this for myself so simple solutions,codes from the Internet,trying to get someone to write a piece of code for me is simply unacceptable for me. What I'm asking? I'm asking for some help if I get stucked with some code ( I wrote ) trying to accomplish some task. Asking for pointing me to right direction and sometimes maybe to write few lines of code just to show me how things should be done. Trying to explain to me something on newbie level so I can understand it etc... I'm willing to study and hope so you'll see over the time some improvements in my codes :)If I don't come back again then I quit studyingElsehope you continue to help meEnd ifNoticed if...then statement above?? :)

tech_soul82012-04-24 23:25:52
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

If you are really trying to learn then I willstress even more the importance of lerning the fundamentals of computing. If you try to guess your way through this you wil give up in frustration.

Learning is fun if you take it seriously. It you think you can jst skirt around the fundamentals you will be forever lost.

Start by finding good books or classes in the basics of computer science. If you do not have a clear idea of how this stuff works under the hood it willbemuch more difficult to acquire the knowledge you will need to pursue it.

I or others will always be around to answer questions. That is one of the pluses about the Internet. Nothing every goes away.

Happy scripting! Wright?
This topic is 11 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.