Encrypt db password in HTA

Batch, ASP, JScript, Kixtart, etc.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jwestan

Post by jwestan »

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can encrypt a database password for the hta?

The hta is currently used on the a machine that will have PCI hardening done to it and I want to ensure that we can still use the hta. I have database passwords currently not encrypted.

Also is there anything I could use with primal script that would make the hta harder to open and read?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

There is no encryption you can do and script encoding is extremely weak. If you really, really have to hard code the password, then you can use PrimalScript to package the HTA into an EXE. That's probably your best option.
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.