script to check Forest-Wide group policy settings.

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kingpin2005

Post by kingpin2005 »

I've been trying to find an easy-to-understand format for documenting our group policy settings. I want to document not just the policies and the OUs that link to them, but the actual settings within the policies.
kingpin2005

Post by kingpin2005 »

I've been trying to find an easy-to-understand format for documenting our group policy settings. I want to document not just the policies and the OUs that link to them, but the actual settings within the policies.
othman

Post by othman »

You can use Group Policy Management:
Right a GPO and then Save Report..
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

In WS2003 policies can only be defined at teh domain or site levels. There are no "Foewst -wide" policy settings.
jhicks

Post by jhicks »

The Group Policy Management Console is still the tool you want. I think you'll still have to go to each domain, but there is a Group Policy Objects container that has all the GPOs. Create reports from there. You don't have to go to each OU.
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Post by jvierra »

Jeff is correct. You have to manage each domain separately but they will all show in teh same GPMC console. There is a single export wizard that will let you export all GPOs for the domain.
This topic is 16 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.