Install driver

Anything VBScript-related, including Windows Script Host, WMI, ADSI, and more.
Forum rules
Do not post any licensing information in this forum.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TonyLedford

Install driver

Post by TonyLedford »

I want to be able to determine which keyboard is attached to a computer and, if it is a particular one (older Dell CAC Reader keyboard - 3106 I believe), check the keyboard driver currently installed and if it isn't the most recent, install a updated driver.

Is this possible/doable?

Thank you,

Tony
TonyLedford

Install driver

Post by TonyLedford »

I want to be able to determine which keyboard is attached to a computer and, if it is a particular one (older Dell CAC Reader keyboard - 3106 I believe), check the keyboard driver currently installed and if it isn't the most recent, install a updated driver.

Is this possible/doable?

Thank you,

Tony
jvierra
Answers: 30
Has voted: 4 times
Been upvoted: 33 times

Install driver

Post by jvierra »

This is what you are likely to get from WMI:

Code: Select all

instance of Win32_Keyboard

Most vendors don't provide intelligent keyboards. The driver info can be referenced from DeviceID or PNPDeviceID.

USB keyboards will probably have the vendor info flled in more completely.
jvierra2007-06-14 13:34:39
This topic is 16 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.